Thursday, August 21, 2014

I do what I want. No Apologies.

When I was working three jobs and going to school I never had the time to create for me. I was more focused in making as much money as I could and  having a degree in my hand. And like most things I feel I need I never get. Luck would have it, I was able to work two jobs allowing me to make up the time I was out of work for two and half months. And a few months down the road Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth would call about working in their shop. I knew when I was hired on for the part time evening job it was under contract and it would at the most last 18 months. So what the heck 3 jobs and school make the most of what I got while I have it.  I found the spare time that I had I never utilized to focus on trying to earn money from my passion. I really intended to before the contract job ended, create more so that I would have fresh work available to sale online. However working for solid 7 days a week and spending most of my free time devoted to school, whatever free time that I had I didn't really use to focus on my art, but to rest. Maybe I could have pushed through and tried harder (if you really want it bad enough you find away right) I would have had a jump on things. I can't dwell on how I could have handled the past, but to move on and to utilize the present.

Now through my spare time and my only two very part time jobs, I'm slowly making my passion my main focus. And in doing so I realize that I get to create for me now. Which is so much more of an accomplished feeling when I finish a piece. It is uncompromised work done by me. And yes when I was in school I did get to create all the time, but perimeters where set, I was told what worked and wouldn't work and that it should look this  way and that didn't make sense. Now I make whatever I want, how I want it, and it works cause I say so, it's my vision and what I have to say. And that is what has made painting and photography more exhilarating to me.  I do hope some where down the line I get to do custom work. I would really like the challenge and the growth I would get. But for now it's all me. And I will embrace it and enjoy it while I can.

No comments: