Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Month of Corita Kent

For This month I'm featuring Corita Kent's book "Damn Everything But The Circus". While roaming the aisle of the fort worth central library(yes the library is one of my visited places) I came upon this book. Amazed that it was a female artist and digged the typography it seemed so vintage yet modern for today. I thought I would share the whole book with you. I hope no ones comes after me for copyright infringement. I'm a fan sharing her work, for others who might miss out on this little gem and most of it will be cropped out because of my average size scanner. I hope you enjoy.






When  ancestral kings corrupted their captains, 
and the church blessed both captains and kings,
the court jester got laughs simply by sniffing
the troubled air : implying that the stink in the herring
begins in its head.
In times like our own, it isn't surprising
to find men and women crowding the night-clubs
in hope of seeing somebody sniff the air.
In such times, clowns become witnesses.

                       Nelson Algren

No comments: